Ring the alarm! ..Action packed podcast right here with a brand new 3 deck mix from KNOXZ and the first ever BTS guest mix featuring DJ K8!
Yes, we’re at it again over at Best Drum and Bass with yet another amazing Beneath the Surface episode! This marks number 24 in the series and once again we bring you nothing but big screen blockbuster vibes. Still all the great segments per the usual yet, this time for “All things D&B” we are featuring the very first guest mix by the amazing and talented, DJ K8! If you’re feeling the show, do give KNOXZ and DJ K8 a like or follow and remember to subscribe on iTunes to get all the latest happening with the Best Drum and Bass Podcast’s!
Ep 24 Tracklist
- The Clamps / The Sky Darkens [Kosen]
- IHR / Spacefunk [Methlab]
- The Clamps / Soul Of The Abyss [Kosen]
- IHR ft. The Science / Liberate [Methlab]
- Humanon / Loom (Esym Remix) [Kill Tomorrow]
- Humanon & Kutlo / Burning Cities ft. Kryptomedic (Instinkt Remix) [Kill Tomorrow]
- S9 / Give It A Crack [Titan Records]
- Smooth / Womper Stomper [GET HYPE]
- Razat / The Pharmacy [Kinetik Records]
- Smooth / Stalker [GET HYPE]
- IHR / Memory Check [Methlab]
- Razat / Shakes [Kinetik Records]
- Razat / Perpectual Motion [Kinetik Records]
- *The Prodigy / Need Some1 (Friction Remix) [BMG Rights Management (UK) Limited]
- Crimes x Sigrah / Raveclash [VALE]
- Missing X Poseidon / Confusion [VALE]
- Cypher / RED MIST [DSCI4]
- Dj Trace / Overdose [DSCI4]
- VOYAGE / Extraterestrial [Tech Itch Recordings]
- Marcus Visionary / Try It [Stereo One Music]
- Cypher / SCAVENGER [DSCI4]]
- *The Chosen aka Genr8, Glitch, and SST / The Mole [Habit Records]
- Marcus Visionary / Do You Want Me [Stereo One Music]
- TECHNICAL ITCH / I See You [Tech Itch Recordings]
*music separate from mix.
DJ K8 Tracklist
- 8 Bits & Q Project – Low End Theory [CIA]
- Ayah Marar,A.M.C.,Six Blade – Hardest To Love [Viper Recordings]
- Adam F – Original Junglesound [Breakbeat Kaos]
- Rockwell – Hoez To The Floor [Shogun Audio]
- Mincha & Ghost Town – Aberdeen (Howie Lee Remix) [Raw Records]
- Serum,Paul T,& Edward Oberon – Take My Breath Away [V Recordings]
- Breakage feat. Jess Mills – Fighting Fire [Digital Soundboy Recordings]
- Calyx & Teebee – Skank [RAM Records]
- Alix Perez – Recall & Reflect [EXIT Records]
- Audio – Headroom [RAM Records]
- Artificial Intelligence & Command Strange feat. Tali – Won’t Say Goodbye [V Recordings]
Google Play – http://bit.ly/bdnb-gplay
iHeartRadio – http://bit.ly/bdnb-ihr
Tunein – http://bit.ly/bdnb-tunein
Stitcher – http://bit.ly/bdnb-stitcher
DJ K8 Bio:
Kathryn moved home to Orlando in April 2011 put in tireless efforts showing support and love to multiple nights being hosted across Orlando. In April of 2012 she started hosting SceneOrlando LIVE. A monthly show at Bikurri Sushi Lounge featuring every genre of electronic music as well as local talent. Which ended it’s four year tenure at the famous Spacebar in the Milk District of Orlando, intent on focusing on her forte’ Kathryn began hosting Resonance during the time she hosted SO LIVE. Resonance focused on soulful, lush, liquid dnb.
Birth of DJ K8
As a child Katie was surrounded by her singer/songwriter father’s influence. Hearing music on a daily basis it infused music in her blood. As an older child she played in band but preferred to enjoy music as a listener not creator.
At the age of 13 in 1993 her brother DJ TCORREY brought home records and two turntables and life was never the same musically. After moving home to pursue a career in music business management, Katie was soaked by a resurgence of electronic music in her life. Still at that point satisfied with being behind the scenes Katie became a “bedroom dj”. Finally after the urging of her brothers and friends Katie spent real time inside the studio and the rest is history.
K8 has become versed in multiple genre’s of electronic music. Flexibly playing Breakbeat, House, and Drum and Bass. K8’s true passion is in Liquid Drum and Bass. Anything with a rolling bassline, vocals, and licking highhat is where K8 finds her home.
Currently K8 hosts Halcyon Radio which started out on the widely known Rollins College Radio station WPRK. Halcyon Radio was on weekly 7-9 pm EDT at wprk.org or 91.5 fm if you were in the Orlando area. In late 2017 she re-Located to Mid-Michigan and Halcyon Radio re-Launched there on 8.18.18. You can tune in every Saturday at 8pm at 89.7fm (Local Only), WLNZ on the Tune In Radio app or log on to www.lccradio.org to listen. With the re-birth of the show she has embraced the early days of her journey in music with SceneOrlando LIVE and is including a show bi-monthly that brings the essence of the Live event which included all genres of electronic music. You can find the archives from Halcyon Radio on soundcloud.
K8 has played at the following venues:
Hookah Lounge, Vixen, Vintage, Peacock Room, Firestone, Bullit Bar, Sandwhich Bar, SpaceBar, Bikurri Lounge, Suite B, 91.5 fm WPRK Rollins College Radio, RIZE Nightclub, Congress Hotel South Beach, Four Seasons Resort, Native, Lion’s Den Cigar Bar Ybor
Beatport : http://dj.beatport.com/djk8
Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/dj-k8-1
Mixcloud : https://www.mixcloud.com/DJK8/
Twitter : https://twitter.com/DJK8dnb
Instagram : @djk8dnb